Thursday 1 August 2013

Hip Hip Hooray

Hi everybody,

On Monday July 29th was the start of a new challenge at Wild Orchid Challenges. We want you to show us a project with "anything birthday". I decided to combine this challenge with a card I wanted to make for a little girl who celebrated her very first birthday on July 15th. Noor is the daughter of Jolanda Bergmans, the owner and designer of Noor! Design. So along with pretty Wild Orchid Crafts products there also had to be Noor! Design products on this card... this is what I came up with:
I pretty image is by Lili of the Valley and she's called Pom Pom. The pretty papers are Maja Design Sofiero and I combined that with white and pink colored cardstock. Behind the image are two Spellbinder Peony die cuts. The ribbon and rhinestones are from stash. As mentioned I decided to use a lot of Noor! Products, the label (6002-0142), swirls (6002/0258), Butterfly border (6002/0251) and matching butterfly (6003-0023) are all Noor! as is the sentiment that is Dutch and reads "Hieperdepiep Hoera" which means "Hip Hip Hooray".

The Wild Orchid Crafts products I used are:
Mixed Pink/White Cosmos Daisy Flowers
Pink Trellis Roses 35mm
Pink Open Roses 15mm
Baby Pink Sweetheart Blossoms
Ivory Open Roses 20mm
A close up of the pretty image, as always colored with Copic Markers and completely 3D paper pieced. As you can see in this close up I have added stitches around the image and the papers and I have added some golden liquid pearls to the anthers of the flowers.

Well hope you like my card but more importantly, hope Noor and her mummy liked it. Please join us at Wild Orchid Challenge and show us your birthday creation!

Hugs,

1 comment: