Tuesday 23 August 2011

Double the Fun...

Today I have two fun card to share with you!  First is my card from our current challenge:

For my card I have used another Peeker Stamp....this one is Sweet Cheeks Peeker by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD!  

After I got going with the top of the card I decided to make an easel card since it's been a while since I made one of those! 

Flowers of course are from the fabulous Wild Orchid Carfts!  Arrangement consists of a pink classic sweet rose, 25mm hybrid tea roses (that were airbrushed), yellow poppies, white and pink Aster Daisies, pink and white Gysophilas, 10mm rose8mm semi-opened roses, 5mm closed rosebuds, heart pin, and small sequin butterflies.  Flowers have been sparklized with star dust stickles.

I took my crackle paint and painted a gold metal decorative cornerpiece to make it white.  I finished off the corner accent with a self adhesive rhinestone.  The doily behind my kraft scalloped circle is actually -->this<-- beautiful white cotton lace that I gathered behind my scalloped circle.  The multi loop bow was made with this fabulous Divine Baker's twine (which Wild Orchid carries in MANY beautiful colors) and was topped with an Aster Daisy and of course some more star dust stickles.

I again used the same white cotton lace to accent the bottom of the tag.  The tassel of the tag was again using my Divine Baker's twine  and some Jute String.  I also used some pink vintage seam binding for the bow of my tag and accented that bow with a 10mm rose.  Check out that gorgeous metal butterfly....when I saw all the gorgeous filigree swirls on this I fell in love.  Wild Orchid Crafts carries this stunningmetal butterfly and many other other gorgeous metal charms.  I then took some 3mm self adhesive pearls and accented this beauty even more....which I absolutely love! You will also see another decorative metal corner piece that I altered the same as the one on the top of the card.


Now for card #2:
 For my 2nd card I have decided to go with a shabby chic look using this fabulous vintage stamp!  The gorgeous bow was made using some 1/2 in (12mm) silk ribbon.
Then there is the gorgeous flowers!  This arrangement includes a 35mm Trellis Rose, 20mm Roses, 8mm semi-opened Roses, 4mm Closed Rosebuds, Hip Roses, and Gypsophilas.  If you look closely you can see that the Hip Roses have been inter-twined into some gorgeous Raffia Ribbon.  I've used the cream raffia on my card, Wild Orchid also carries raffia in a wide selection of colors....make sure you go and check them out because they are GORGEOUS!  


Hope you all are having a wonderful day!



♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kim,
    I Just arrived at you blog. I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works!
    Many Hugs from Marina from Germany
    I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

    ReplyDelete